Thursday, September 27, 2007

Murgurgula

Okay, so there I was, enjoying banging out a really long post on good mage gear for cheap when my computer decided to eat it. Not only did it eat the post but everything else on this "wonderful" machine at the same time. Thankfully I saved what I had done somewhere, but I can't find it. Le sigh. Looks like I'll be doing it all over again.

What have I been doing in the interim? Leveling my hunter. She's level 30 now and I haven't run an instance. I'm trying to get her leveled quickly for a few reasons (not the least of which is my desire to avoid the 5 month ordeal I had with my mage).

The first reason is simple. Higher levels mean more fun. I want to do higher- end stuff with this hunter and put my skills to use.

After that is kind of odd. Hunter Kali lives on an RP server. I like it. Very laid back with lots of good folks. Some things don't change, which is why Hunter Kali runs around perma- flagged. I'm trying to teach myself situational awareness and thinking on my feet. When I lose track of what's going on around me, I die.

But I've seen PvP servers with less world PvP than this one. I plugged myself into World Defense as early as possible (now a global chat channel) and set off. I've noticed there's constant back- and- forth in EPL, Halaa (typically controlled by the Horde), Hellfire and everywhere else. There's even nightly Horde raids in Ashenvale, Hillsbrad, Elwynn Forest. It didn't hurt that quite possibly the most unbelievable Alliance raid happened not too long ago. Thrall, Vol'jin, Cairne (and the Gnome King, damn them) all died in one night.

From what I've gathered, it was close to an 80- person raid on every front. The Horde defenders were so confused, the main strike force waltzed right into Orgrimmar almost completely untouched, killed Thrall and Vol'jin and were gone before the Horde even knew what happened. Utter brilliance. I want in on this, and since I can't afford to transfer Zball over, it's going to have to be my hunter.

Finally, the server is the last one to open the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj. This will happen soon and I want to see it. This means corpse runs and help from friends to get there, but get there I will. It should be quite the spectacle. I'm so excited!

No comments: