Saturday, February 23, 2008

Back and Forth Again

Good news! My good friend Alyonchezcka is back from Iraq! He was over there for a year and now he's back home in the States. I'm really excited about this even though I'm not in Virginia anymore to see him. Welcome back, bro.

A few words. This is the guy who got me playing WoW in the first place. I had heard of it but never met anyone who played. At that particular point in my life I was incredibly bored with lots of time on my hands. It didn't help I was in the middle of separating from my then- wife, which caused even more stress.

Aly is, hands down, the best healer I've ever played with. He taught me everything about the game and I devoured every bit of knowledge he had. We would spend hours debating Spirit vs. mana per 5. He helped me get my Kara key and we destroyed instances together. It wasn't just PvE though. I dueled him so many times. It took me forever to finally beat him. As a holy/ discipline priest, this guy was essentially unkillable. Warlocks couldn't beat him. Warriors couldn't beat him. I don' know how he did it. If I could force myself to level another clothie, it'd be a priest just because of his influence.

I was able to log on for a couple of hours the other day. I managed to get one AV (which we lost, by the way) in and a few dailies before I get a tell. "Do you want to run Heroic Underbog?" Yes. Figuring I had more than enough time, I jumped in.

Get on Vent and I tell the group, "I'm PvP spec'd and geared. Is this an issue or do you want me to respec?" The group leader asked me a few questions and then said okay. All the while I'm praying he's a good pally tank instead of the last one. He was.

Prot pally tank, resto shaman, enhance shaman, arms warrior and me. We tore through that place with a vengeance. Granted I had my nub moments (way to waste my Silencing Shot on that healer instead of pulling him to my trap) but we did well. Sadly I was only able to make it to the second boss before I got a call to go pick someone up from the hospital an hour earlier than I had planned. Sorry guys but I have to dip. Le sigh. Two badges and a Large Prizzy for my efforts.

Getting closer to than enchant though. I will get my axe enchanted, dammit. And now that I have about 11k honor, I need to decide what to upgrade next. Decisions, decisions!

No comments: