Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Places to Go, People to Do

Hunters rejoice! Or ignore it. Either one. Evidence now exists for a two- roll system for hunters. The basics of it is this: One roll determines hit or miss while the second roll determines if it's a normal hit or a crit. This link will take you there so you can see what I mean. More reason than ever for you hunters to be hit- capped.

On a slightly related note, I was able to hop on my hunter for an hour or two yesterday. Sadly my 2s partner was nowhere to be found, and I instead jumped into a normal SLab run. I love that place, especially now that I seriously overpower it. It was me, a Fury warrior, holy pally, prot pally and elemental shammy. Buffs galore. Since we had a pally tank, I figured I could do without Salvation.

Trap breaking, pet dying, bad pulls (because the pally wanted to), insistence that I CC on three- pulls that the pally could have dealt with. And the tank couldn't hold threat. Pally tanks are front- loaded. Lots of aggro generation off the bat because they have blue rage bars instead of red ones. So I wait five seconds and begin my rotation. Arcane shot crits, Multi crits, I have aggro. I Feign and go back to my rotation. I pull the mob again before it dies.

New tactic. Wait longer. Mob is half dead before I start DPS. I pull aggro before the mob dies. I don' get it. Because the tank can't hold aggro, I'm kiting and chain- trapping and pet- tanking two and three mobs every pull. I'm sure the party thought I was a nub. Click "Inspect" on the pally tank. Great. Greens and some quest reward blues. Great. Auto-shot city.

Sadly (or perhaps not?) I wasn't able to finish the run, instead stopping after downing Vorpil. I learned my lesson, however. No more instance runs with tanks I severely out-gear. And have a lot more HP than. At least until they make Blessing of Salvation stack.

No comments: